Remember that sneak peek I shared the other day? Well, I’m a woman of my word, so here’s the big reveal.
Tah-dah! I made cookie butter fudge using my PC Speculoos Cookie Butter!
It’s basically a sweetly spiced twist on an old recipe I often rely on this time of year for last-minute gift-giving.
I often complain that the months seem to fly by faster and faster each year, but it’s never more true than the last few weeks of December, when things seem to ramp up into a frantic whirlwind dash of parties and work and get-togethers with friends.
In an ideal world, I’d prepare for the craziness and stockpile a few different treats to bring along as hostess gifts or for the inevitable work potluck party, but I’m way too much of a procrastinator for that.
Instead, I rely on recipes like this 5-minute fudge to save my butt.
Honestly, it just doesn’t get any easier than this – three ingredients, one microwave and five minutes equals one awesome pan of gooey sweet fudge. I may not be very good at math (or at planning ahead), but that’s one equation I can work with.
So when the folks at President’s Choice asked if I could come up with an easy giftable recipe for the #PCDishOut challenge, there really wasn’t any hesitation on my part… I obviously had to adapt my go-to fudge recipe using the new President’s Choice Speculoos Cookie Butter.
It’s a wonderful change of pace from the plain chocolate version I typically make. I used white chocolate to create a more neutral base for the cookie butter, but even so, the cookie butter flavour isn’t as intense as I’d expected. Still, it adds a really lovely hint of warm holiday spices that’s perfect for this time of year.
As you might expect, this fudge recipe is very forgiving, and lends itself well to customization. And since it only takes 5 minutes to whip up a batch, you can make multiple variations in a really short amount of time.
You could swirl in some crushed gingersnap cookies onto the fudge before you pop it into the fridge to help intensify the flavour and add a little crunch, or switch up the white chocolate chips to create different flavour combinations.
I’m personally thinking of going with butterscotch chips next time, just to add a more intense caramel flavour to the fudge. Dark chocolate chips would be wonderful too, though, since you’d basically get a nice gingerbread-spiced chocolate fudge.
Or if you’re feeling really ambitious, you could do half-batches with two kinds of chocolate, and then swirl everything together to make an extra-fancy two-tone fudge. The only limit is the size of your fridge (and the size of your belly).
Disclaimer: I received compensation from President’s Choice in exchange for promoting and participating in the #PCDishOut challenge. All opinions, as always, are entirely my own.
- 2½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 can (ml / 14oz) condensed milk
- ½ cup PC Speculoos Cookie Butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the white chocolate and condensed milk. Microwave on High for about 30 seconds and stir briefly, then continue microwaving in 30-second bursts and stirring in between until the chocolate is melted and smooth. (The total amount of time will vary depending on your microwave, but this takes about 3 minutes in mine.) Stir in the cookie butter spread.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Pour the fudge mixture into the pan and smooth into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours or until firm enough to slice, then cut into squares and package up in an airtight container or divvy up into individual gift boxes.