Hey Toronto… whatcha doing this weekend?
If you didn’t answer “Buying goodies at one of the six Toronto Bakes for Japan fundraisers”, then I think you might need to re-evaluate your schedule.
Organized by the lovely Heena (who runs the equally lovely blog Tiffin Tales) and supported by a bevy of Toronto-area bakers, bloggers and business, Toronto Bakes for Japan is a city-wide bake sale and fundraiser happening in various Toronto locations over the weekend of April 9th and 10th.
Here is the current list of locations and times:
Saturday, April 9, 2011, 9 am to 1 pm
– Evergreen Brick Works Farmers’ Market, 550 Bayview Ave, Toronto
Sunday, April 10, 2011, 11 am to 3 pm
– Liberty Noodle, 171 East Liberty St, Toronto
– The Rivoli, 334 Queen St W, Toronto
– Cafe Diplomatico, 594 College Street, Toronto
– Amaranto Café, 809 St. Clair Ave W, Toronto
Sunday, April 10, 2011, 10 am to 5 pm
– Yoshi’s Sweets, 2359 Queen St E, Toronto (donating 100% of the day’s sales)
All proceeds will be going to the Red Cross to support their ongoing earthquake relief efforts in Japan.
So please… bring your wallet and your sweet tooth to one (or all) of the locations this weekend! After all, everyone knows that treats bought for a good cause are 100% calorie- and guilt-free. :)
BTW, if you’d like to drop by and say hello, I’ll be volunteering at Cafe Diplomatico on the 10th (and will also be donating several jars of my fabulous Homemade Chewy Granola).
For more info on the event, please visit the Toronto Bakes for Japan website.