This salad pairs the refreshing sweetness of watermelon with the gooey saltiness of grilled halloumi cheese for a totally addictive summertime side dish.
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1” chunks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 lb halloumi cheese, cut into 1/2” slices
- Mixed spring greens or baby arugula, for serving
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the watermelon with red onion, mint, lime juice and a generous pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Lightly brush the grill rack with a little olive oil. Arrange the halloumi on the hot grill and cook with the lid closed for about 1 minute per side or until the cheese is nicely golden brown around the edges and starting to melt.
- To serve, arrange a couple big handfuls of mixed greens on a large serving platter. Spoon the watermelon salad onto the greens, then arrange the slices of grilled haloumi on top. Serve immediately.
- Category: Salad