A combination of truffle-infused cheese and sauteed cremini mushrooms gives this dip a double-dose of earthy flavour. Serve it hot and bubbling from the oven with lots of sliced baguette for dipping.
- 2 cups grated Bothwell Cheese’s Black Truffle cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 package (250g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Sliced and toasted baguette for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly butter a 4-cup oven-safe dish.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until they start to soften and release their liquid. Add white parts of the green onion, salt and pepper, and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are well-browned and all the liquid has cooked off. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice until smooth. Fold in the grated cheese, the green parts of the green onion, and the cooked mushrooms.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and smooth out into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is browned and the dip is hot and bubbly. Serve immediately with thinly sliced baguette or crackers for dipping.
- Category: Appetizer