This delicious granola gets a triple dose of chocolatey goodness from a combination of Nutella, cocoa powder and dark chocolate chunks. Prepare at your own risk - it's dangerously addictive!
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Nutella spread
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 275F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, walnuts, flax, wheat germ and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan. combine honey, Nutella, peanut butter and butter. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and the mixture is thick but pourable. Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Immediately pour onto the dry ingredients, and stir together until oats are well coated and start to clump together.
- Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet, being careful not to break up any clumps that have formed. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Gently stir the granola, trying to keep the clumps as intact as possible, then return to the oven to bake for another 20 minutes. Stir once more, then bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely, about 1 hour. (If there are any really huge clumps in the granola, break them up into more manageable pieces now - the granola will still be a little chewy when you remove it from the oven, but will get crunchier as it cools.)
- After the granola is completely cool, stir in the chocolate chunks and store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Breakfast