Think of this as Cheesy Garlic Bread meets Baked Artichoke Dip, only even better - it's ooey, gooey and pretty much guaranteed to ruin your appetite for dinner (but it's totally worth it).
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and mozarella cheese blend
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, melt the butter until foamy. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Scrape the cooked garlic into a large mixing bowl, and stir in artichoke hearts, mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan, sour cream and shallot until combined.
- Slice the bread lengthwise. Place the bread halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up, and spoon the cheese and artichoke mixture overtop. Broil for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bread is hot. Cut each half into six pieces and serve right away, while the cheese is still nice and melty.