A scattering of fresh red currants adds a pop of bright colour and tartness to classic French yogurt cake.
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh red currants
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease and flour the cups of a mini-loaf pan (or a jumbo muffin tin, if you prefer).
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, eggs and canola oil until smooth and well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest, and stir until the batter is smooth and silky. Pour into the prepared mini-loaf tin, dividing evenly between the cups. Scatter berries on top of the batter, using around 2 tbsp per loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are pale gold and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre of one loaf. (If using a muffin tin, you may need to add another 5 minutes of cooking time.)
- Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out and let cool completely before serving.