A splash of apple cider and maple enhances the natural sweetness of roasted parsnips in this easy-as-can-be side dish. Perfect for pairing with roast chicken or pan-fried pork chops.
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into 2" sticks
- 1/4 cup sweet apple cider
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, toss parsnips with cider, olive oil, cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper until evenly coated. Tumble onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven, tossing occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the cider has completely evaporated and parsnips are tender and lightly caramelized around the edges.
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Canadian