These dense fruit, nut and oat bars are filled with the kind of good-for-you ingredients that’ll keep you going until lunchtime – a perfect grab-and-go breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped California Walnuts
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13″ baking dish with parchment, leaving a 1″ overhang on either side.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, walnuts, chocolate chips, cherries, pumpkin seeds, sugar, flax seeds, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla extract until combined. Pour into the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined. (It will look like a wet, soupy mess – don’t panic, that’s how it’s supposed to be.)
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and smooth out into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the bars are set and golden brown.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then lift out using the parchment paper and cut into 10 equally-sized bars. Bars can be stored at room temperature in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked