This simple 5-ingredient appetizer is the perfect way to enjoy a bunch of big fat radishes from the market. Pair with a glass of well-chilled rose for a very classic French "apero".
- 1/4 cup Stirling Creamery whey butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives (plus more for garnish)
- 1 sourdough baguette, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 6-8 large radishes, very thinly sliced
- Coarse flaked salt for sprinkling (like fleur de sel or maldon sea salt)
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter and chives until well combined. (You can use the butter right away if you're pressed for time, but it'll be even better if you cover and chill for at least an hour to let the flavours blend.)
- To make the toasts, spread each slice of bread with a generous amount of chive butter. Top with radish slices, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt and more chives. Serve immediately, preferably with a chilled glass of rose or white wine.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: French