Kick off your party old-school style with this gloriously retro cheese ball flavoured with pineapple, jalapeno, bacon and pecans. It'll have you partying like it's 1979!
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded marble cheddar
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled into bits (optional)
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- Dash worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. (I find a fork works really well for this.)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes to firm up the cheese mixture.
- Scoop the chilled mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Wrap tightly, and return to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours to firm up (or up to 1 week).
- Before serving, unwrap and let stand about 20 minutes. Roll in chopped pecans to coat, and serve with your favourite crackers.
- Vegetarian-Friendly Variation: If you've got vegetarians coming over, simply omit the bacon and use a dash of soy sauce or Maggie sauce in lieu of the worcestershire.
- Preparing in Advance: The prepared cheese ball mixture can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or transfer to an airtight freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. If freezing, thaw the cheese ball for 24 hours in the refrigerator. Either way, wait until the day of the party to roll the ball in chopped pecans so that they keep their crunchy texture.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American