These pretty little thumbprint cookies pack all of the goodness of an old-school PB&J sandwich, but with way less mess. Best enjoyed with a tall glass of cold milk (obvs).
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup grape jelly or raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
- In a second bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add the eggs, beating well after each addition, then stir in the vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir just until the dough comes together.
- Using your hands, roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and arrange on the prepared sheet pans, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Use your thumb or the handle of a wooden spoon, make a deep indent in the centre of each ball. Fill with Concord Grape Jelly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until the edges are set and golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling off completely.