Maple-Miso Glazed Squash is a stellar side dish for late fall, made by tossing delicata squash with white miso, Korean hot pepper paste, and maple syrup.
- 1 medium-sized delicata squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tsp gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Slice into 1/2" thick crescents.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, miso and gochujang until smooth. Add the squash slices, and toss to coat with sauce. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until squash is tender and lightly caramelized around the edges, flipping over the squash slices halfway through to ensure both sides crisp up evenly. (If the squash is tender after 35 minutes, but isn't quite caramelized enough for your liking, turn on the broiler for a minute or two to crisp up the edges, but make sure to watch it like a hawk or else you'll have burnt squash on your hands!)
This recipe works well with any kind of hard winter squash, but if using something other than delicata (like butternut or kabocha), make sure to peel it before coating it with the maple-miso sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins