All the goodness of a peanut butter and banana sandwich with none of the gooey mess!
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2–3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, honey, yogurt, egg, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients, and stir until just barely combined. Divide batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out with a moist crumb. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.