These soft drop biscuits are a perfect way to use up leftover cooked sweet potatoes or sweet potato mash.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 450F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the cold butter until you have a coarse, crumbly mixture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together mashed sweet potatoes, sour cream, milk, maple syrup and cardamom until smooth. Fold in the dry ingredients, stopping as soon as the last of the floury streaks has been incorporated. Don’t overmix!
- Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet by the spoonful, leaving some space between the biscuits to avoid crowding. You should have enough to make twelve large-ish biscuits.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly golden. Let cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Side