These turkey burgers are pepped up with Asian-inspired spices, including a hefty dose of sriracha hot sauce, and with crunchy fresh banh-mi inspired toppings.
Sriracha Turkey Burger Patties:
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbes
- 3 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
Assembly and Toppings:
- 4 burger buns
- Sliced cucumbers
- Pickled shredded carrots
- Pickled shredded daikon
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Sriracha mayo
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat. (If the weather isn't conducive to grilling, preheat a stovetop grill pan or indoor grill instead.)
- In a large bowl, use your hands to combine the ground turkey, green onions, egg, bread crumbs, Sriracha, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and salt. Shape into 4 patties.
- Arrange the burgers on the preheated grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked all the way through (a meat thermometer should register an internal temperature of 160F).
- To serve, place a patty in each bun, and finish with whatever toppings you like.
Recipe adapted from Cookaholic Wife
- Category: Main