These roasted almonds have a sweet, salty and smoky flavour that makes them utterly irresistible. Serve as a pre-dinner snack with an apperitif cocktail or as an accompaniment for an after-dinner cheese plate.
- 3 cups raw almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the almonds with the olive oil, thyme, paprika and salt until thoroughly coated. Spread out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and transfer to a mixing bowl, leaving the oven on.
- Drizzle honey over the almonds, and toss until evenly coated. Return the almonds to the baking sheet, spreading out in an even layer. Continue baking until almonds are toasted and golden-brown, about 12-15 minutes longer.
- Let cool to room temperature, then transfer to a pretty bowl and serve. Leftovers will keep for around a week in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins