These sweet-and-spicy nachos are topped off with saucy barbecue chicken, pineapple, red onion, jalapeno and loads of cheese for a fun twist on the game-day favourite. For a milder variation, swap out green bell pepper for the jalapenos.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 bag (160g / 6oz) tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded marble cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken and barbecue sauce, and stir until the chicken is evenly coated.
- To assemble the nachos, arrange half of the chips in a large cast-iron skillet. Top with half the chicken, pineapple, red onion, jalapeno and cheese. Repeat the layers a second time. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet kicking around, you can also use any round oven-proof dish or even a baking sheet.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American