These fiery hot burgers deliver all the deliciousness of Jamaican jerk chicken, but with a fraction of the effort. Serve with a big dollop of banana ketchup and sweet potato fries for an island-inspired twist on the usual burger and fries dinner.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2-3 tbsp Jamaican-style jerk paste
- 1/4 cup quick-cook oatmeal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Pinch salt and lots of black pepper
- Banana ketchup
- Leaf lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Avocado slices
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Using hands, mix together until the seasonings are evenly distributed, then divide into four equal parts and shape into 3/4" thick patties.
- Preheat a lightly oiled grill on High heat. Arrange the patties on the grill, and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side or no longer pink in the middle. (For those of you with a meat thermometer, you should be aiming for an internal temperature of 165F.)
- Serve immediately on toasted buns with toppings of your choice.