This traditional Latvian dessert is so airy and light, you’d never guess the key ingredient is stodgy cream of wheat cereal.
- 3 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cream of wheat
- Milk, for serving
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, stir together juice and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Gradually sprinkle in the cream of wheat, whisking briskly to make sure the mixture doesn’t get lumpy. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, and beat on medium-high speed until the pudding is thick and doubled in volume, about 12 minutes.
- Immediately spoon into serving bowls. Before serving, top each bowl off with a splash of milk, if desired, or simply serve plain.
- Category: Dessert