This creamy white chicken chili is chock-full of shredded chicken, white beans, green chiles and corn in a thick, creamy sauce. It’s a great change of pace from the usual tomato-based chilis.
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cans (19 oz / 540 ml each) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (15 oz / 341 ml) corn niblets, drained
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sour cream
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot set over medium-high heat, saute the onions and jalapeno in olive oil until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, salt and pepper, and continue cooking until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, cooked chicken, beans, and canned chilies. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and sour cream, and simmer for 5 minutes longer to heat through. Serve right away with your toppings of choice.
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex