The Cuisinart Griddler makes quick work of grilling seasoned, butterflied chicken breasts for this sweet and savoury fall-inspired salad. For a brown-bag lunch, pack all the components separately and assemble at the last minute.
Cajun Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp cajun spice mix
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grainy old-fashioned mustard
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 small apples, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup mixed fruit and nut trail mix
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Set up the Griddler with the ridged side of the plates facing out and preheat to High.
- Meanwhile, butterfly each of the chicken breasts by slicing through it horizontally almost but not all the way through, then open up like a book. Sprinkle each breast on both sides with cajun seasoning.
- Once the Griddler is preheated, arrange the chicken breasts on the bottom plate. Close the lid, and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are cooked all the way through. Let cool for a minute or two, then cut into thin strips.
- Next, make the vinaigrette by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- To assemble the salads, combine the greens and sliced apple in a large bowl, and toss with a few tablespoons of vinaigrette until evenly coated. Divide the salad between two plates, then top each one with trail mix, crumbled goat cheese and sliced chicken. Serve right away and enjoy.