Nutty Brussels sprouts and crispy bacon are always delicious together. But when they're sprinkled on top of a freshly baked homemade pizza, they're utterly magical.
- 1/2 lb prepared pizza dough
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, leaving the fat in the pan. Add the shredded brussels sprouts, and season with salt and pepper. Saute until sprouts are bright green and slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stretch the pizza dough into a 16” round (or just stretch it into an amoeba shape like I do… whatever floats your boat.). Brush the olive oil onto the dough, and sprinkle with minced garlic. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella onto the crust, then top with the brussels sprout mixture, bacon bits, and then sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake pizza in preheated until dough is crisp and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into slices and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Canadian