Make sure to use tender young carrots for this recipe – the kind sold in a bunch with their green tops still attached – rather than bagged utility carrots. If you can find them, rainbow-coloured heirloom carrots make a particularly pretty presentation.
- 2 bunches fresh carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise. In a large mixing bowl, toss with oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and scatter thyme sprigs overtop. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk together honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the carrots, and gently roll them around to coat. Roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until carrots are tender and caramelised. Serve immediately.