Can’t decide between cookies and brownies? These cookie bars let you get the best of both worlds, with the chewy, buttery texture of a cookie and the deeply chocolatey deliciousness of a brownie.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ⅓ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×13” baking pan, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients, and stir until just barely combined. Fold in 1/3 cup each of the white and milk chocolate chips.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with the remaining white and milk chocolate chips. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are set and the middle is slightly puffed. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 1 hour, then gently lift out using the parchment and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Category: Dessert