These tasty bite-sized crostini combine crispy flatbread slices with a savoury antipasto-inspired topping of sauteed mushrooms, marinated artichokes and diced Muir Glen tomatoes, all under a layer of melty mozzarella goodness. Perfect for getting the party started at your next backyard barbecue!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf focaccia, cut into 2" squares
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen® organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jar (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large pan set over medium high heat, saute the mushrooms in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Drain off any liquid remaining in the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the cooked mushrooms with drained tomatoes and chopped artichoke hearts.
- Arrange the bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet, sprinkle the bread with 3/4 cup of the cheese. with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with basil just before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Canadian