Double up on the pumpkin spice latte goodness by pairing these soft, cakey cookies with a big latte from your favourite coffeeshop (or make your own at home).
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder
- 2½ cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition, then add the pumpkin puree and coffee, and stir until smooth. Add the flour, pecans, salt and spices, and mix just until combined.
- Using a tablespoon measure, drop scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing the cookies about 2″ apart.
- Bake in preheated oven until set and lightly browned on the edges, about 9-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool off completely.
Make the Icing:
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the icing.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, cream, vanilla extract and espresso powder.
- Whisk in the icing sugar, ¼ cup at a time, until the icing is thick but still spreadable. Using a butter knife, swirl a dollop of frosting onto each the cooled cookies, and return to the wire rack to let the frosting set before serving. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Dessert