This easy one-pan meal delivers loads of delicious, lemony flavour with minimal prep (and even better, minimal dirty dishes to clean up!) It's especially delicious with Meyer lemons, but regular lemons are a perfectly good substitute if you can't find Meyers.
- 1 lb red-skinned baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 4 chicken leg quarters, cut into drumsticks and thighs
- 2 Meyer lemons, cut into thick slices
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
Meyer Lemon Dressing:
- ¼ cup Meyer lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp old-fashioned grainy mustard
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large roasting pan, toss the potatoes with 2 tsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper until evenly coated. Spread out into an even layer.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry. Season all over with the remaining salt and pepper. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables, making sure the thighs are skin side up, and drizzle with the rest of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices around the pan, and top off with the rosemary sprigs.
- Roast in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the chicken skin is golden and crisp. Scatter the asparagus over the chicken and potatoes. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, and drizzle all over the contents of the pan.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for about 10-15 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown and a quick-read thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165F on the thickest part of the chicken. Serve immediately.
- Category: Main