These mint chip ice cream sandwiches double down on the minty goodness, with creamy mint chip ice cream sandwiched between gooey chocolate mint chip cookies.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line two large cookie sheets parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until completely incorporated, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients, and stir until just barely combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, spacing about 3″ apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned and centres look set. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
To turn these into ice cream sandwiches, simply squish a couple big scoops of softened mint chip ice cream between two cookies. Wrap with plastic wrap and return to the freezer to firm up, about 2 hours or so.
If you can’t find mint chocolate chips, substitute with regular dark chocolate chips and add 1/2 tsp of pure peppermint extract to the cookie dough.
- Category: Dessert