Meyer lemons and rosemary come together in this contemporary twist on an old-fashioned classic.
Meyer Lemon Rosemary Syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 thick strips Meyer lemon zest
- 4 oz gin
- 3 oz fresh-squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz Meyer Lemon Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Club soda, to top off
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Make the Syrup:
- In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine water, sugar, rosemary sprigs and lemon zest.
- Bring the syrup to a simmer, and cook for 2 minutes or until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain the syrup into a glass container and chill until ready to serve (it’ll keep for up to 1 week).
Shake Up the Cocktails:
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the gin, lemon juice and simple syrup. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- Strain into two chilled highball glasses filled with ice, and top each one off with a splash of club soda. Garnish with lemon slice and rosemary sprig.