This summery grilled flatbread topped with strawberries, diced pancetta and gooey melted camembert is the perfect appetizer for your next summer party, or pair it with a simple green salad for a light dinner. For a vegetarian-friendly version, simply omit the pancetta.
- 1 lb pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 wheel Comfort Cream, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cooked diced pancetta
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- Balsamic syrup, for garnish
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill for indirect grilling over medium-high heat.
- Divide the pizza dough into six equal pieces. Roll out each piece into a rough oval shape, about ½” thick.
- Brush the top of the pizza dough lightly with olive oil. Place the dough on the preheated grill, oiled side down, and cook over direct heat for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom of the dough starts to turn golden-brown.
- Flip the crusts over. Arrange the cheese slices on the dough, dividing evenly, and sprinkle with pancetta.
- Move the pizzas onto the indirect heat, then close the lid and continue grilling for about 5-10 minutes, or until the crust is fully cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Transfer the flatbreads to a large cutting board or serving platter. Top the flatbreads with sliced strawberries, then top off with a sprinkling of basil and a drizzle of balsamic syrup. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
If you can’t find Comfort Cream, you can substitute a small wheel of Canadian camembert or brie cheese.
- Category: Main