These sunny orange and date muffins are easy as can be, thanks to a quick batter that's made directly in the blender. An entire orange, peel and all, is blended in for an intense fresh orange flavour that's guaranteed to wake up your tastebuds.
- 1 whole orange
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 375F. Generously grease the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper liners.
- Cut the orange into eight segments. Carefully remove any seeds, and transfer the entire orange (yes, peel and all!) to the blender. Add orange juice, egg and oil, and blend until smooth.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and blend just until combined. Stir in the chopped dates.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly among the 12 cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins are golden-brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American