- 1 box pappardelle or fettuccine pasta
- 12 large fresh sea scallops
- 4 tbsp good-quality olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green peas, shelled and blanched
- 4 tbsp fresh thyme, minced (pref lemon thyme, if you have it)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 container (475g) ricotta cheese
- Cook the pasta per package directions until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, rinse scallops and pat dry. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter over high heat in a skillet until foamy. Sprinkle scallops with a little salt and pepper; place in skillet in single layer. Cook, turning once, until brown on outside and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot over low heat. Stir in lemon zest, juice, remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, peas, and thyme. Toss to coat, then season with salt and lots of pepper. Add the ricotta and mix gently until pasta is coated evenly.
- To serve, divide the pasta between four plates, topping each with three scallops and a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Category: Main