This easy four-ingredient appetizer is a cinch to make. If you don't have fig jam kicking around, feel free to substitute with whatever you have on hand. I'm partial to fig, but sour cherry or apricot are both quite lovely as well!
- ½ package prepared puff pastry
- ¾ cup fig jam
- 1 ½ cups grated Baluchon or Boerenkaas cheese (or use a mix of both!)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 12” x 9” rectangle. Using a 3” round cutter or a drinking glass, cut out 12 rounds. Gently press the pastry rounds into a tartlet pan (or, if you don't have one, you can use a regular muffin tin instead).
- Spoon 1 tbsp. fig jam into each tart. Top with the grated cheese, and then finish with a sprinkling of thyme leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Appetizer