A creamy yogurt and chive dressing gives this potato salad loads of flavour without all the gloopy heaviness of the traditional mayonnaise dressing.
- 2 lb fingerling or new potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Balkan-style yogurt (preferably full-fat)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes until fork-tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes while you prepare the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the warm potatoes, and stir until the potatoes are evenly coated with dressing. Let cool for 15 minutes, then add the chives and stir again to combine. Serve warm, or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Canadian