These pretty popsicles combine layers of creamy cheesecake and tangy sweet cherries for the perfect summertime treat. Don’t like cherries? Try strawberries or blueberries instead!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Make the Cherry Layer:
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, simmer the cherries until they start to release their juices. Reduce heat to low, then stir in the sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cherries are soft and the juices have thickened. Set aside to cool completely.
Make the Cheesecake Layer:
- Using a food processor or a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth.
- Continuing to mix, slowly pour in the milk, then add the vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and pourable.
Assemble the Popsicles:
Alternate spoonfuls of the cheesecake and cherry layers into popsicle molds. Place in the freezer until they’re completely frozen, at least 4 hours (but overnight is best).
- Category: Desserts