These sweet, chewy bars are as easy as can be – all you need is five basic pantry ingredients and 15 minutes. And, as a bonus, they’re naturally gluten-free!
- 1 cup quick-cook oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking pan, and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan in an even layer. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges.
- Let the bars cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Slice into bars while still warm, then set aside to cool completely before removing from the pan. The bars will be very soft when they come out of the oven, but will set up as they cool.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Canadian