These little bite-sized puff pastry brie and cranberry bites have all the goodness of a fancy baked brie en croute, but come together in a fraction of the time.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce, preferably homemade
- 1 green onion, very thinly sliced
- 100g (3.5 oz) brie, cut into 1/2" cubes
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly spray the cups of a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet onto a clean work surface, and cut into 24 equally-sized squares. Gently press the pastry into the cups of the prepared muffin tin.
- Nestle a cube of brie into each pastry cup, then top with a pinch of green onion. Using a teaspoon measure, drop a spoonful of cranberry sauce to top of the brie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden-brown on the edges. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a pretty plate and serve.
If you're not a fan of cranberry sauce, you can substitute a fruity jam of your choice - tart cherry, apricot or fig are all perfectly lovely choices!
- Category: Appetiser