Hey look, it’s Sunday again! Guess that means it’s time for me to share seven random things I thought you might want to know about this week.
1. Guess who’s listed as one of the top food blogs of September, according to the Huffington Post? Yours truly, that’s who, which is pretty damn flattering when you consider that the list also includes the likes of Cannelle et Vanille and The Gouda Life, both of whom I consider to be huge inspirations.
2. Last Wednesday, I went to Bellwoods Brewery for a tweet-up organized by the Food Bloggers of Canada in honour of the lovely ladies of FEAST: An Edible Road Trip, who are currently on a multi-month coast-to-coast trip exploring Canada’s culinary landscape.
We had a great time chatting with Lindsay and Dana about their adventures so far, and with Quebec, the Maritimes and Nunavut still left to go on their itinerary, I have a feeling their blog (and Twitter feed) will be on must-read list for a while. Go check ’em out… you won’t regret it!
3. Have you heard this doowop-style cover of “We Can’t Stop” yet? It’s blissfully twerk-free (and way better than the original, IMO).
4. I made this Olive Oil Cake with Candied Orange from Bon Appetit for a dinner party last week.
It’s a little time consuming, but oh my, it is ever AMAZING. If you’re looking for a showstopper dessert for an upcoming event, this is it.
5. The awesome Kelly Brisson (of The Gouda Life fame) has started up a new web series called Whoops I Got Wasted, with recipes that are meant to help you get through that rough morning after… in case, y’know, you had just a little too much fun the night before. (Admit it, we’ve all been there.)
First up? Huevos Rancheros. Nice.
6. If animal videos are more your speed, the Huffington Post put together a compilation of animals squishing themselves into tight spaces. It is equal parts adorable and hilarious. But mostly hilarious.
7. Spinach, Artichoke and Bacon Stuffed Soft Pretzels. Heck YES.
And on that note, I’m off to check out the Ai Wei Wei exhibit at the Art Gallery of Ontario with Mumsy Dearest. This should be… interesting.