1. On Thursday evening, The Mister and I put on our finest all-white outfits, packed a picnic basket with an elegant three-course meal, and joined 1600 other Torontonians for the second annual Diner en Blanc.
This year’s secret location turned out to be a parking lot at Queen and Church, which was a bit of a letdown compared to the awesomeness of last year’s Fort York location… though no one seemed to mind once the sun set and a sea of sparklers lit up under the twinkling lights of the downtown core.
2. Holy crap, it’s September! I guess that means the annual pumpkin-spice binge can start now… right?
Because I kind of have my eye on these pumpkin-spice donuts from Babble.
3. Also, September means it’s time for the Toronto International Film Festival, which has been an annual tradition for The Mister and I since we first started dating. This year’s picks range from a South Korean crime caper to a vampire love story to the latest masterpiece an anime master.
It was a tense 2 hours waiting to get a ticket for the one last film I couldn’t book with my ticket package, but after the sysiphian ordeal that is the TIFF virtual waiting room and a battle of wills with an uncooperative ticket-buying system, I have my ticket.
YES! Let the movie binge begin!
4. This Buzzfeed post about lessons we can learn from Adventure Time is pretty awesome, and not just because anything connected to Adventure Time automatically gains a +5 of Awesomeness.
(Also, if you’re not watching Adventure Time, get on it! It takes a couple of seasons to find its stride, but it’s honestly some of the best TV around these days.)
5. Chocolate Jalapeno Cookies. You’re welcome.
6. Also, I found a photo of Robert DeNiro holding Lil Bub. You’re also welcome.
7. Lastly, in case anyone’s curious, I survived my stand-up paddleboarding lesson. In fact, I managed to stay upright on the board the entire time, which I’m pretty darned proud about. I’m not so proud of how sore and exhausted I was the next day, though… I am disgustingly out of shape at the moment. :(