There’s no denying it any more – summer is most definitely over, and fall is finally here to stay. It’s usually pitch-black by the time dinner hits the table, red and yellow leaves crunch underfoot every time I leave the house, and there’s that tell-tale nip in the morning air.
1. I’m bummed that Hershey’s doesn’t sell their Pumpkin Spice Kisses up here in Canada, mostly because they’re a key ingredient in these droolworthy Pumpkin Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Jen’s Favourite Cookies.
I don’t suppose any kind Murican friends would be willing to set up a black market trade? I’ve got ketchup chips and Coffee Crisp bars! :)
2. Move over hash browns, there’s a new potato in town. These Crispy Potato Waffles from Dinner with Julie are pure genius.
3. I’m on my own for dinner for most of next week while The Mister is otherwise occupied, and I’m totally going to binge on all the things he doesn’t like all that much (and which we don’t eat that often, for that reason).
In other words, I’m coming for you, Brussels sprouts! First on my list is these Shaved Brussels Sprouts Potstickers from Naturally Ella.
4. Last night, The Boy and I headed out under a very bright full moon to check out Ai Weiwei’s Forever Bicycles installation outside the Toronto City Hall. I tend to forget how fun Toronto can be after dark, so this was a good reminder.
5. And speaking of stuff in Toronto, apparently I’m one of the last people in the city to discover Richmond Station. (In my defence, it’s so unassuming from the outside and sandwiched between a greasy spoon and a parking garage exit, so it’s rather easy to walk by and not realise it’s even there.)
I can’t say enough good things about the meal I had on Wednesday. Seriously. Go there.
6. Paris now has a cat cafe. For the price of a cup of coffee, you basically get all the fun bits of cat ownership, but none of the dirty litterboxes, squelchy hairballs and 3am yowling. (I’m waiting for someone to open a cute toddler cafe. I’d be first in line.)
7. Speaking of cute toddlers, how awesome are these kids in Halloween costumes? (Well, except for numbers 5 and 22. Those are just plain wrong.)