So I missed last week’s installment of Sunday Sevens so that I could post about the fabulous giveaway a few of us bloggers hosted to help FoodBabbles celebrate her 3rd blogoversary. (Congrats to Cindy A, who was randomly selected as the lucky winner!)
We’re back on schedule this week, though, with seven more random things that happened to catch my fancy.
1. I’m still on a sugar high from all of last week’s sweet treats, so I think a little detoxing is in order for this week.
Does this gorgeous Persimmon Caprese Salad from What’s Gaby Cooking count as a healthy detoxifying meal? Probably not, but I don’t care!
2. I’m pretty sure that this Sweet Potato Pomegranate Salad from Two Peas and Their Pod is also not on the approved detox list, but I’m still really craving a giant bowl of it.
Are you noticing a pattern yet? Why, oh why, can I not crave green smoothies and chia seeds? Life would be much easier if I did.
3. Earlier today, The Mister and I tried out a new dim sum place (well, new to us, anyway) called Rosewood. It’s not quite on par with our favourite, but it’s a good backup spot when your favourite dim sum spot is jammed full and you’re not inclined to wait an hour for your har gow fix.
4. Did you know you can peel a whole head of garlic in literally seconds? No really. Check out this awesome how-to from the Saveur test kitchen. (As a bonus, you’ll be ready to cheer on the luge teams at the upcoming Winter Olympics.)
5. Why didn’t anybody tell me you could make Stuffing Waffles with Gravy with Thanksgiving leftovers until now? Our Thanksgiving already happened, and I’m sad that I now have to wait until Christmas to experience this awesomeness.
6. Mental Floss has a great list of Victorian slang terms that should make a comeback. I’m totally on board with this idea… it sounds so “nandy narking” that I’m going to be referring to everything awesome as “butter upon bacon” and affectionately referring to all my close friends as “chuckaboo”.
7. Someone made a Millenium Falcon out of Jell-O. There are no words for this kind of awesomeness.