Dang… has it been a week already since my last post? Seems like summer’s last gasp is flying by, as if it’s spent the last few weeks gaining momentum and is now barreling towards fall at full speed.
I’m planning on spending today doing my level best to catch up, but before I dash out the door, here are a few things I have to share from the past week:
1. I’ve been canning up a storm, trying to preserve our summertime haul to get us through the cold winter months. The shelves in the pantry are now lined with jars of homemade dill pickles, balsamic cherries, and various kinds of jam, including an apricot-ginger preserve that I’m planning on sharing very soon.
2. Another one of my weekend projects was this homemade blackcurrant syrup. I’m not sure exactly what I’ll do with it yet, but there’s a margarita recipe in the same post that looks like a good start!
3. We’re currently putting together our picks for the Toronto International Film Festival (aka one of my favourite times of year). We won’t be able to put in our orders until next week, but we’ve got several interesting options on our shortlist… including a Japanese samurai remake of Unforgiven that I’m really hoping doesn’t sell out before it’s our turn to order!
4. Still obsessed with peaches? I know I am… which means this peach focaccia from Always Order Dessert is almost definitely being made this week.
5. Load up on tissues and watch this love song written by a 96-year-old man for his wife of 75 years who passed away a month earlier.
6. I decided to take a leap and got my nails painted bright royal blue this week. Hey, if you can’t have a little fun with your nails, why bother? :) One of these days I’ll really suck it up and get some really outrageous nail art done – not sure if I’m ready for that kind of commitment, though.
7. I’m going stand up paddle-boarding today! Wish me luck. Hopefully I won’t end up embarassing myself too badly. I’m not exactly known for my balance and coordination. :)