I’m trying something new this week. It’s a new series where I share a few things that didn’t necessarily deserve an entire blog post of their own, but that I still think are worth sharing – pretty pictures from Pinterest, other bloggers’ recipes I’ve been making, some behind-the-scenes fun, and general randomness.
(Why seven? Aside from the alliteration, the number seven just feels right… not too much, not too little.)
So, without further ado, here’s this week’s edition of Sunday Sevens:
1. I can’t stop making balsamic pickled cherries. I just made another three jars to tide us over until cherry season rolls around again, and I’m already debating if that’s going to be enough. Someone may need to stage an intervention soon.
2. I also can’t stop eating corn – this year’s crop is just so sweet and juicy! Mostly, we’ve just been grilling and then topping with a generous slathering of a berbere spice and lime compound butter, but I have some earmarked to make this grilled pizza from The Kitchn (d’you see what I did there? Earmarked. Ha!). Any other favourite ways to make corn?
3. And speaking of recipes I’ve got my eye on, I’m thinking the next batch of granola I make will be 80twenty’s gorgeous Coffee Cardamom Cinnamon Granola. Coffee in my cereal? Genius.
4. We just started watching Season 2 of Homeland. I suspect my plans for the next few days will consist of going to work, coming home, making dinner, and watching Homeland until I fall asleep on the couch. I may or may not fit in a shower in there somewhere. It’s stupid addictive.
5. I went to the movies with The Mister for the first time in aaaaaaages this afternoon. We saw Pacific Rim, which was totally worth every penny of the $500 ticket price and every minute of the 3 hours of ads that came before it (OK maybe I’m exaggerating a little). It’s quite honestly the best blow-stuff-up summer movie I’ve seen since Independence Day.
6. On a more serious note, this documentary by Werner Herzog on texting and driving made me bawl like a baby. It’s utterly heartbreaking. If you know a compulsive texter, please make them watch this. Please.
7. My cats are cuter than yours. Sorry, but they just are.