There’s a part of me that always appreciates an exercise in futility, which probably explains why I still make New Year’s resolutions, despite the knowledge that I’ll probably give up just a few months later. Either that, or I have an unfortunately optimistic view of my potential for self-improvement.
Let’s vote for the later.
So, with boundless optimism, I’ve resolved to attempt the following in 2013:
- I shall bring a bag lunch to work at least twice a week, though three or four days a week would be ideal.
- I shall go to the gym at least once a week, and to work out at home at least twice a week in addition.
- I shall de-clutter my life… and, more importantly, my house. Starting with the dreaded basement storage room.
- I shall make my own wedding dress, though I may possibly lose my sanity (or, at the very least, my temper) in the process.
- I shall start blogging about things that don’t involve recipes a little more often, starting with the return of the Friday Pin-Ups series. (Particularly since none of my resolutions involve kicking that pesky Pinterest addiction.)
What’s on your plate for 2013? Eating better? Exercising more? Traveling to distant and exotic places? Spending less?
Whatever it might be, I wish you luck with your resolutions.
As for me, I know there’s at least one resolution I’ll probably achieve… mostly because I’ve also resolved to make these five gorgeous, healthy and lunchbox-ready recipes within the next month.
Lentil Soup with Roasted Tomatoes (Nourished Kitchen)
Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Mandarin Salad (So Good and Tasty)